.

Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pan de Coco ( Coconut Bun )



Pan De Coco ( Bread with Coconut filling) is one of my favorite snacks back home. This traditional Filipino bread brings me back childhood memories of my neighborhood bakeshop. Since my stay in Panama- Latin America, i have not yet found Asian or Chinese bakery that carry Custard Bun or Coconut Bun. I decided to make it a try using the Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix. It turned out really good, my husband and my neighbor loved it.




Ingredients :

For the bread
  • 1 Pillsbury Hot roll mix
  • 1 egg ( for egg wash )
For the Filling
  • 1 cup grated coconut or Desiccated coconut
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp of water
Cooking Directions:
  1. To make the bread or rolls, follow the procedure on the box of Hot roll mix.
  2. Flatten each piece of dough. Top each with a heaping tablespoon if coconut mixture.Fold dough over filling to meet in center; pinch edges to seal.
  3. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubles,about 30 minutes.
  4. Brush with egg wash and bake at 350°F for 15-30 minutes or until golden brown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Asian Cooking and More... Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template