.

Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken


I call this Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken a quick fix. This is very easy to make and has unique and great flavors. I made it one night when I did not have much time to make dinner and all I had in the fridge was a chicken breast. I looked into my "wish list recipe box" and saw this Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken by Rasa Malaysia. The picture looked inviting so I gave it a try.  It was another successful experiment for me. My husband and I enjoyed it very much and most likely will make it again. Try it for yourself and let me know how it turns out.




 
Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken Recipe

 Adapted from : Rasa Malaysia

 Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast/thigh, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 3 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 2 fresh lemongrass stalks, tender inner white bulbs only, minced
  • 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
  • 3 chilies, seeded and minced
  • 1 scallion for garnishing ( I used parsley, I have no scallion available)
 Cooking Directions:
  •  In a bowl, combine the fish sauce, garlic, curry powder, salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the sugar. Add the chicken meat to coat.
  • In a small skillet, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar with 1 tablespoon of the water and cook over high heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Cook without stirring until a deep amber caramel forms. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of water. Transfer to a bowl.
  • Heat a wok over high heat. Add the oil and heat until shimmering. Add the lemongrass, shallot, and chilies and stir-fry until fragrant. Add the chicken and caramel and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened. Transfer to a bowl and top with the scallion. Serve with steamed white rice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Asian Cooking and More... Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template