.

Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Garlic Chili Prawns/ Shrimps


I saw this Filipino recipe featured on TV one day. I did not wrote down the recipe but as far as I remember, the main ingredients were fresh red chili and garlic. To continue my Lenten food recipe theme, I decided to make my own spin into this recipe. I coated the cleaned fresh prawns with chili powder since I did not have a fresh chili on hand. (I left the shrimp head on simply for presentation purposes.) Then I stir fried it with lots of garlic, onions and red bell pepper. It turned out really good. You can remove the head and add toothpicks and serve as party food or enjoy with steamed rice as a main entree. This spicy shrimp recipe will be a sure hit with your friends and family.  It is very fast and easy. 





Garlic Chili Prawns/ Shrimps

Ingredients:

2 lbs of jumbo size fresh shrimp/ prawns (thaw if frozen)
1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste (I used this instead of chili paste)
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
1 teaspoon of dried chili flakes ( use fresh if you have)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium onion, minced
1 medium red bell pepper, cubes
2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste

Cooking Directions:

1. Wash prawns/shrimp thoroughly. Remove shells and deveined, leave tails and heads.
2. Coat the shrimp with spices, chili powder, cayenne pepper, dried chili flakes,salt and pepper.
3. Heat pan or wok with cooking oil. Stir fry garlic, add onions and bell pepper.
4. Add red curry paste, stir fry for 1 minute.
5. Add the shrimps and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the oyster sauce. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp is cooked or turned pink.
6. Serve hot over steamed rice if serving as main entree. If serving as a party food, remove head and poke with toothpick and garnish with lemon wedges or lime. Enjoy !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Asian Cooking and More... Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template