.

Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Ricotta Orange Pound Cake

 
 
 
 
I was watching Food Network the other day and Giada made this pound cake and it looks delicious. I decided I had to make it. I checked the review and it earned 5 stars from 100+ users.  That's why I told myself, this is gotta be a  good cake. After reading the reviews, I made few changes. I used Limoncello Rum instead of Amaretto. Also, I used candied orange instead of strawberries and I baked for 1 hour. End results, the cake is just scrumptious! It is one of the best desserts I have ever made. It is perfectly moist and with just right amount of orange flavor. Hubby just loved it, he said to make this again and again and again. Give it a try, it's worth it.
Adapted from Food Network
 
 
Ingredients:
 
 
1-½ cups cake flour ( I used unbleached all purpose flour )
2-½ teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¾ cup ( 1-½ sticks ) butter, at room temperature
plus more to grease baking pan
1-½ cups whole milk ricotta cheese
1-½ cups sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
3 large eggs
t teaspoon vanilla extract
1 orange, zested
2 tablespoon Amaretto ( I replaced with Limoncello Rum )
powdered sugar for dusting
1 pint strawberries ( I replaced this with candied orange )
 
Cooking Directions :
 
  • Pre-heat oven to 350°F, Grease 9 x 5 x 3 - inch loaf pan with butter.
  • In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
  • Using electric mixer, cream together the butter, ricotta and 1-½ cups sugar until light and fluffy.
  • With the machine running, add the eggs one at time.
  • Add vanilla orange zest and Limoncello Rum. Mix well. Scraping edge with spatula,
  • Add the dry ingredients, a small amount at a time, until just incorporated.
  • Pour mixture on prepared pan and bake until toothpick come out clean and the cake is beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
  • Let the cake cook in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
  • Dust the cooked cake with powder sugar.
  • Meanwhile, place the strawberries ( or orange supremes) in a small bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar. Let sit until juices have pooled around.
  • Serve with slice of cake and spoonful of strawberries and their juices over the top of the cake. Enjoy!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Asian Cooking and More... Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template