.

Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chicken Adobo



Chicken Adobo is considered the national dish of the Filipinos. The preparation of this dish is relatively easy. Just dump everything into a pot and bring it to simmer. Though there are countless variations of chicken adobo, the basic ingredients of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic , bay leaf and peppercorns makes this dish delicious and tasty. This is one of my husbands ( Canadian ) favourite Filipino dish.

Ingredients:

2 - ½ lbs chicken pieces
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup sugar cane vinegar or rice vinegar
½ head garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon of peppercorns
3 bay leaf
1 thumb size ginger, sliced
1 teaspoon of white sugar
2 cups of water






Cooking Instructions :

  • In a wok or medium sauce pan, saute garlic and ginger. Add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes or until chicken turn brown.
  • Add the vinegar, soy sauce , bay leaf , peppercorns and water. Bring to boil and let it simmer under low heat for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
  • Continue to cook for 1 more minute or until sauce thickens.
  • Serve with steamed white rice. Enjoy !

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I could have sworn I've visited this site before but after looking at a few of the posts I realized it's new to
me. Anyhow, I'm definitely delighted I came across it and I'll
be bookmarking it and checking back often!

Take a look at my blog :: how to make your penis bigger

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Asian Cooking and More... Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template